Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Why

If I am feeling especially, nervous, why do I drink more coffee as a coping mechanism? In other words, I feel myself getting stressed and then drink coffee in order to rise to the occasion. Logically, I should not do this, yet I do. I also do other kinds of stress-inducing activities in order to displace the object of my stress onto something else. For example, I will do a sudoku puzzle or being to worry about a trivial thing. Is this a form of OCD, maybe?

1 comment:

Leslie B. said...

No, it's just a common maladaptation - one loves one's poison. It would seem a good idea to displace the stress so that the real project can become stress free but in the end this just sucks energy/focus.