Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Smuggling back the Intellectual History

My project on poetics and intellectual history ended up being a book about Lorca. Nevertheless, when I realized I needed a sub-chapter on the duende as an example of cultural poetics of exceptionality, I realized I could smuggle some of that history back into the book. The problem is going to be if it ends up more than 10 pages it will throw the emphasis of the chapter off too much. I am reading the duende essay multiple ways, and it turns out this is the way that give me a lot to say about it. I suspect it is going to declare its independence and want to be its own chapter. That's fine too. I can reimport ideas from my María Zambrano article.

No comments: