Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, February 22, 2013

1st page of bibliography

Antin, David. What it Means to be Avant-Garde. New York: New Directions, 1993.
Auslander, Philip. The New York School Poets as Playwrights: O’Hara, Ashbery, Koch, and Schuyler and the Visual Arts. New York: Peter Lange, 1989.
Benjamin, Walter. Illuminations. Trans. Harry Zohn. New York: Schocken Books, 1969.
Bernstein, Charles, ed. Close Listening: Poetry and the Performed Word. New York: Oxford University Press, 1998.
Binding, Paul. Lorca: The Gay Imagination. London: GMP Publishers, 1985.
Bloom, Harold. The Anxiety of Influence: A Theory of Poetry. Second Edition. New York: Oxford University Press, 1973. 1997.
--- . Genius: A Mosaic of One Hundred Exemplary Creative Minds. New York: Warner Books, 2002.
Brown, Joan L., and Krista Johnson. “Required Reading: The Canon in Spanish and Spanish American literature.” Hispania 81.1 (March 1998): 1-19.
Casado, Miguel. La experiencia de lo extranjero: ensayos sobre poesía. Barcelona: Galaxia Gutenberg / Círculo de Lectores, 2009.
Cernuda, Luis. Pensamiento poético en la lírica inglesa: siglo XIX. Mexico City: Impr. Universitaria, 1958.
--- . La realidad y el deseo. Mexico City: Fondo de Cultura Económica, 1964.
Davey, Nicholas. Unquiet Understanding: Gadamer’s Philosophical Hermeneutics. Albany: State University of New York Press, 2006.
De Man, Paul. Blindness and Insight: Essays in the Rhetoric of Contemporary Criticism. New York: Oxford University Press, 1971.

I don't know whether this looks like the first page of a bibliography of a book on Lorca. There is only one study of Lorca listed here, and not a very good one. The bibliography is sort of the foundation for the scholarly work. Everything on a list of works cited, that will end up being about 15 pages, is something that I know well, that I've thought about, that I'm responsible for knowing. Looking at someone's bibliography also gives you an intellectual profile, in a way: this is what I have been reading for the past five years while I developed this project. You can tell things by the average date of publication, or whether there is more material in English than in Spanish. I'm sure I'll works by Andrew Anderson as I move forward, so this will not be the definitive first page. It just gives me an idea of where I'm at.

No comments: